My 89 Point Marketing Plan for selling your Home
1. Research tax records to verify full and complete legal information is available to prospective buyers and buyer’s agents on MLS printout.
2. Research property’s ownership and deed type
3. Research property’s public record information for lot size & dimensions
4. Research and verify legal description
5. Research property’s land use coding and deed restrictions
6. Research property’s current use and zoning
7. Verify legal name(s) of owner(s) in county’s public property records
8. Research sales activity for past 6-18 months from MLS and public records databases
9. Research “Average Days on Market” for property of this type, price range, and location
10. Research competitive properties that are currently on the market.
11. Research competitive properties that have been withdrawn.
12. Research competitive properties that are currently under contract.
13. Research expired properties (properties that did not sell during their time on the market).
14. Research competitive properties that have sold in the past six months.
15. Call agents, if needed, to discuss activity on the comparable properties they have listed in the area.
16. Research the previous sales activity (if any) on your home.
17. Download and review property tax roll information
18. Prepare “Comparable Market Analysis” (CMA) to establish fair market value
19. Obtain and verify accurate methods of contacting you.
20. Gather information to help assess your needs.
21. Review current title information.
22. Measure interior room sizes.
23. Confirm lot size your copy of certified survey, if available.
24. Obtain copy of floor and pool plans, if available
25. Review current appraisal, if available.
26. Identify Home Owner Association manager, if applicable
27. Verify Home Owner Association fees, if applicable
28. Verify security system, current term of service and whether owned or leased.
29. Verify if you have a transferable Termite Bond.
30. Ascertain need for lead-based paint disclosure
31. Verify if property has rental units involved; if so, make copies of all leases, verify all rent and deposits, inform tenants of listing and discuss how showings will be handled.
32. Compile list of repairs and maintenance items.
33. Prepare showing instructions for buyers’ agents and agree on showing time window with you.
34. Assess your timing.
35. Assess your motivation.
36. Assess your immediate concerns.
37. Ask you questions about the property and yourselves to learn how to better serve and provide helpful information if needed.
38. Discuss your purchase plans and determine how I and the my team can assist you in your next purchase (local, new home construction, investment, or relocation) or if we can research and find a qualified agent to assist you in your new location.
39. Determine how quickly you need to move.
40. Obtain information that will help me to prepare the listing, advertising and marketing materials. Questions will include: What type of improvements have you done to your house in the past five years? What other features of your home make it attractive to buyers? (Type of cabinets, flooring, decks, fireplaces, etc.) What do you think the home is worth? How much do you owe on the property?
41. Prepare you by asking you to gather home information: to have copy of deed, current tax bill, copy of a survey, copy of your title policy if available (this could potential save you money if you purchased less than three years ago).
42. Obtain one set of keys which will be inserted in the lock box.
43. Perform Interior Décor Assessment
44. Review results of Interior Décor Assessment and suggest changes to shorten time on market.
45. Perform exterior “Curb Appeal Assessment” of subject property.
46. Review results of Curb Appeal Assessment with seller and provide suggestions to improve salability.
47. Give you an overview of current market conditions and projections.
48. Provide Home Audit to discuss constructive changes to your home to make it more appealing, to show exceptionally well and help it to yield the greatest possible price to an interested buyer.
49. Provide you with home showing guidelines to help have the home prepared for appointments. (i.e. lighting, soft music, etc.)
50. Review and explain all clauses in Listing Agreement (and addendums, if applicable).
51. Enter your name, address, phone number, and email address in order to keep you informed of market changes, mortgage rate fluctuations, sales trends or anything that may affect the value and marketability of your property.
52. Compile and assemble formal file on property
53. Present Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) Results to you, including comparables, solds, current listings and expired listings.
54. Offer pricing strategy based on professional judgment and interpretation of current market conditions.
55. Assist you in strategically pricing home to enable it to show up on more MLS Searches.
56. Discuss goals with you to market effectively.
57. Discuss and present strategic master marketing plan.
58. Explore method of pricing your property below comparable value to bring the most buyers to your property quickly.
59. Present and discuss my Program to market your home the most effectively and bring the most buyers to you in the shortest amount of time
60. Explore the option of marketing your home with an incentive of buying down points on the buyers’ loan; potential results are: you retain a higher agreed upon price (which results in more proceeds to you) and the buyer saves on monthly payments and a tax credit.
61. Prepare an equity analysis to show you expenses, closing costs and net proceeds.
62. Explain the use of the Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement you will complete, and that will be presented to the buyer of your home. This will help you avoid devastating setbacks and preserve your legal rights.
63. Take full color digital photographs of the inside and outside of your home for marketing flyers, advertisements and the Internet.
64. Set up home Warranty, if you choose, to protect your home during listing period and for 12 months after the sale to reassure buyer of the quality of your home.
65. Install hi-tech lockbox to allow buyers and their agents to view your home conveniently but does not compromise your family’s security.
66. Write remarks within the MLS system specifying how you want the property to be shown.
67. Prepare showing instructions for buyers’ agents and agree on showing time window with you.
68. Prepare detailed list of property amenities to have readily available at your home, to include in Marketing Booklet, and assess market impact
69. Prepare MLS property Profile Sheet
70. Proofread MLS database listing for accuracy – including proper placement in mapping function
71. Enter property data from Profile Sheet into MLS Listing Database
72. Electronically submit your home listing information to The Multiple Listing Service for exposure to all active real estate agents in the area.
73. Immediately submit digital photos of the interior and exterior of your home to the MLS at the same time listing is input allowing buyers and agents to view pictures when narrowing down homes they will actually tour.
74. Add property to my firm’s Active Listings list; provide information in two locations in office for Realtors® when potential buyers call for details.
75. Provide you with signed copies of Listing Agreement and MLS Profile Data Sheet
76. Explain marketing benefits of Home Owner Warranty with you.
77. Assist you with completion of Home Owner Warranty application.
78. Submit Home Warranty application for conveyance at time of sale.
79. Provide you with a Personal Customized Services sheet to explain specific marketing available for your property.
80. Provide you with a personalized Advertising Questionnaire for your input in verbiage for advertisement
81. Review Full Service Marketing System and the benefits provided, resulting in the rapid sale of your property.
82. Offer Realtor® tour, if applicable, to provide you with professional feedback and additional ways to best promote your home
83. Offer a Broker’s Open, if applicable, to promote your property to local Realtors® and their customers, to maximize showings
84. Create advertisements with your input, including information from Personalized Advertising Questionnaire
85. Prepare mailing and contact lists
86. Create, order, and mail Just Listed Postcards to promote the value of your home over others on the market.
87. Create, print, assemble, and mail compelling flyers to hand deliver and/or mail to target customers, to stimulate calls on your home.
88. Advise Network Referral Program of listing
89. Provide marketing data to buyers coming from referral network.
Now, with all THAT going for you, when do you want to move?
Please call me TODAY to get your home listed and sold. 714-931-8942